Article 1 – General
1.2. The controller of your personal data is Seas At Risk,. A declaration was submitted to the Commission for the Protection of Privacy with regard to the processing of your personal data.
Article 2 – Personal data that you communicate to us
2.1. during a visit to this Website:
- IP address
- via cookies: see article 10 read our Cookies policy
2.2. when registering for our campaign:
- e-mail address
Article 3 – Personal data that we collect indirectly
We do not collect any personal data indirectly.
Article 4 – Purposes of the processing
4.1. General purposes:
Seas At Risk, will use the gathered personal data exclusively for the following purposes:
- IP address (see article 2.1): for looking after and improving this Website and including Personal Data in anonymous statistics, from which the identity of specific persons or companies cannot be discovered, with as legal basis the legitimate interests of Seas At Risk, in continuously improving its Website and provision of services;
- e-mail address (when registering for the campaigns) (see article 2.2.) with a view to sending you direct information about further campaigns and ongoing events related to the Our Blue Campaign, marketing (automatic e-mail messages or other electronic messages), newsletters, or information on planned activities (events, seminars, working meetings, workshops), with as legal basis your prior explicit consent;
This consent can be withdrawn at any time – free of charge and without any obligation to give a justification – by making contact via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
4.3. Transfer to third parties:
Seas At Risk will never pass on your personal data to third parties.
Seas At Risk will not sell your personal data, rent them out, share them or otherwise make them commercially available to third parties, except as described above or unless with your prior consent
4.4. Legal requirements:
In rare cases it can happen that Seas At Risk must reveal your personal data subject to a court order or in order to comply with other compelling laws or regulations. Seas At Risk shall make reasonable attempts to inform you in advance about this, unless it is subject to legal restrictions.
Article 5 – Security and confidentiality
The security of your data is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Article 6– Cookies
6.1. What are cookies?
A “cookie” is a small file sent out by the servers of Google Analytics and WordPress and installed on the hard disk of your computer. The information stored on these cookies can only be read by us and only during the duration of the visit to the Website.
6.3. The Website uses exclusively the following cookies:
|Tracking cookies from Google Analytics||Are used to determine the surfing behaviour of visitors.
– The time and length of the visit
– The new visitor / recurrent user
– Pages visited
– Browser + Operating system
– Screen resolution
– Origin of traffic
– Service provider
|Social plug-in tracking cookies||Are used to offer social media modules on a website, such as a Facebook, like button or the possibility of retweeting a message.|
For cookies installed by third parties, we are happy to refer you to the declarations that these parties make about this on their respective websites. Note: we exercise absolutely no influence on the content of these declarations, nor on the content of the cookies of these third parties: Google Analytics, WordPress.
6.4. Your consent:
You can refuse or block cookies by changing the configuration parameters of your navigation system. Switching off cookies can mean that you can no longer make use of certain functionalities of the Website.
Should you have further questions or comments with regard to the processing of your personal data, don ́t hesitate to contact us by post to Seas At Risk, Rue d’Edinbourg 26, 1050 Brussels, Belgium. You can also find more information about cookies at: http://www.allaboutcookies.org/
You can find more information about online behavioural advertising and online privacy at: http://www.youronlinechoices.eu/
Article 7– Applicable law and competent court